Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

No one can stop me on my day: Sehwag - (IPL 7th Match-Delhi vs Hyderabad-Sehwag 30 runs in a over)

After his buccaneering unbeaten 94 powered Delhi Daredevils to a comprehensive win against the Deccan Chargers in Hyderabad on Tuesday night, Virender Sehwag said none can really stop him when he gets going and it was one of those days.

After his buccaneering unbeaten 94 powered Delhi Daredevils to a comprehensive win against the Deccan Chargers in Hyderabad on Tuesday night, Virender Sehwag said none can really stop him when he gets going and it was one of those days.

After the hosts put on a modest 142 for 8 in their allotted 20 overs, Sehwag led from the front and slammed an unbeaten explosive 41-ball knock of 94 to guide his side to an easy nine-wicket victory in just 13 overs.

"Someone asked me yesterday what would be our strategy and I just told him if the day belongs to me, none can stop me. And it was such a day," said Sehwag whose swashbuckling innings earned him the Man of the Match award.

Sehwag was especially harsh on Andrew Symonds and Sanjay Bangar and he in fact milked 30 runs off an over from the Australian all-rounder.

"I knew they don't have real pace and I can take chance against them. So I stayed back and played my shots against them," he said, almost nonchalantly.

He also showered praise on his bowlers, especially Mohammad Asif and Glenn McGrath and felt the Deccans never really got going in the match.

His opposite number VVS Laxman said the batsmen did not put enough runs on the board to give the bowlers any cushion in the match.

"You see 142 was just not enough. We did not capitalise on the first six overs and then lost wickets at regular intervals. It is not easy for a new batsman to come and start playing his shots. we could not concentrate enough.

"It's extremely disappointing to lose in such a manner in front of the home crowd," Laxman rued.

1 comment:

ashi.kacheria said...

Sehwag is one of the greatest players of all time. I just loved watching him score smashing 94 runs against Deccan Chargers. I am sure that he along with rest of the daredevils is going to rock in this tournament. I was surprised to see the way they were preparing themselves before the big game. They really worked hard http://www.youtube.com/user/ipldelhidaredevils